Posted by lizzie on Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:21pm.
1.Christina and Christopher worked together and completed a project about astronomy.
simple subject and compound predicate?
2.Jennifer and her brother were not allowed to go to Great Adventure with the Jones family.
Compound subject and compound predicate
3. Take this to Grandmother's house;
imperative sentence with subject understood (I think)
- grammar - Writeacher, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:27pm
"simple" anything = 1
"compound" anything = 2
Let me know what you think about #s 1 and 2.
#3 - correct
- grammar - lizzie, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:30pm
Then they are both then compound subject and compound predicate.
- grammar - Writeacher, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:33pm
#1 has compound subject and compound verb.
- grammar - lizzie, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:36pm
Jennifer and her brother-Compound Subject
were not allowed to go- simple predicate? I thought that to go would be the 2nd predicate.
- grammar - Writeacher, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:40pm
Compound subject = correct
Simple verb = were allowed ("not" is an adverb)
The verb form "to go" is an infinitive, not a whole verb that can have a subject.
- grammar - lizzie, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:45pm
The correct answer would be compound subject and simple predicate then.
- grammar - Writeacher, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:52pm
- grammar - reem, Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 10:44am
i want excersis
Answer this Question
- Grammar and Composition - 1. Christina and Christopher worked together and ...
- Grammar - Hi there, I am stuck on some Grammar questions, and need some help. 1...
- READING - Underline each compound subject once and each compound predicate twice...
- english - Christina and Christopher worked together and completed a project ...
- English - Writeteacher - 6. She had a lengthy career as a WRITER and a FILMMAKER...
- Grammar and Composition - please check these: 1. Traveling down the road of life...
- ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Read each sentence. Select...
- 96 Elementary - what is the subject and predicate in this sentence. 1.I love my...
- English - Identify the CAPITALIZED portion of the sentences below. 18. MY FRIEND...
- grammer - John loves and cares for his tropical fish, and often he adds to his ...