Posted by Bradley on Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 11:26pm.
How many milliliters of 0.0850 M Na3PO4(aq) will react with 22.00 mL of 0.0800 M MgCl2(aq)?
3 MgCl2(aq) + 2 Na3PO4(aq) ==> Mg3(PO4)2(s) + 6 NaCl(aq)
V x M = V x M
(22.00mL)(0.0800M) = (0.0850M)(x)
Is this the correct set-up? Does it have 4 sigfigs, or am I wrong?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 1:18am
No. V x M = V x M works ONLY when the reactions coefficients are the same; i.e., 1:1, 2:2 etc.
How many moles MgCl2 do you have? That is M x L = ?moles MgCl2.
Now, using the coefficients in the balanced equation, convert moles MgCl2 to moles Na3PO4.
moles Na3PO4 = ?moles MgCl2 x (2 moles Na3PO4/3 moles MgCl2) = xmoles Na3PO4.
Finally, M Na3PO4 = moles Na3PO4/L Na3PO4. YOu have moles and M, solve for L, then convert to mL.
Chemistry - Bradley, Friday, July 1, 2011 at 3:15am
Thank you SO much.
Not only did you help me get the correct answer, but you helped increase my understanding of these problems.
Cheers to you.
Chemistry - steve, Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 7:50pm
what does the 'M' mean?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - 3 MgCl2(aq) + 2 Na3PO4(aq) ==> Mg3(PO4)2(s) + 6 NaCl(aq) How many...
- chem - . (a) A solution was prepared by dissolving 1.4295 g of magnesium ...
- chemistry - Which term in the following reaction would not be included in the ...
- chemistry - A) A solution was prepared by dissolving 1.113 g of MgCl2 into water...
- chemistry - What volume of 0.714 M K3PO4 is required to react with 27 mL of 0.97...
- AP Chemistry - What volume of 0.149 M K3PO4 is required to react with 41 mL of ...
- Chemistry - 3Ca(NO3)2(aq)+2Na3PO4(aq)->Ca3(PO4)2(s)+6NaNO3(aq) A.)the moles ...
- Chemistry - For the reaction ? FeCl2 + ? Na3PO4 → ? Fe3(PO4)2 + ? NaCl ...
- Chemistry - please help! I don't understand any of this. Using the Solubility ...
- AP Chemistry - For the reaction 3 FeCl2 + 2 Na3PO4 → Fe3(PO4)2 + 6 NaCl , ...