Posted by Henry2 on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 6:40pm.
I left out a few sentences.Thank you for your cooperation.
1) Do/take an exam
2) Have a holiday/go on holiday/go to London for my holiday.
3) go for a bath (in the sea, at the swimming pool),take a bath (at home), take/have a shower.
4) Don't ride your bike on that road.
Don't cycle/go for a ride on that road.
5) I went for a ride on my bike yesterday.
6) It takes me (always necessary) five minutes to go to school by car (to drive to school).
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 10:14pm
1. Use the verb "take" -- We will take the math exam on Tuesday. He took his biology exam last week. She takes her English exam later this morning.
2. Use the 2nd and 3rd choices here, not the 1st.
3. Go for a swim in the ocean or in a pool or lake. Take a bath at home. Take a shower.
4. Use the 1st; the other two are OK, but the first is used the most.
6. It takes me five minutes to drive to school. (The other phrasing is OK, but this phrasing uses fewer words and is more commonly used.)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Just one more thing. Which of the following sentences are grammatical...
- English - Hello, everybody! I'm back from my holiday and I need you to check a ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much. It is really ...
- English - I'd like you to check these other sentences please. Thank you very ...
- Statistics - In the week before and the week after a holiday, there were 12,000 ...
- English - Thank you very much for your information.Here are some sentences I'd ...
- MATHS - janet went on a two weeek holiday. she spent 2/3 of her holiday money in...
- English - Are both skiing Holiday and ski Holiday possible? Thank you.
- English - I still have a few doubts, Writeacher. These are my last sentences. I ...
- English - I left out the following sentences. They are part of the same ...