Posted by Don on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 7:58am.
I need help scanning "Combing"
- poetry - Writeacher, Tuesday, June 28, 2011 at 8:34am
First, you have to begin by marking the stressed and unstressed syllables -- only then can you see if there is a pattern or not -- and if so, which of the meters the pattern fits. If there is no pattern, then do you know what that's called?
BEN ding, I BOW my head
and LAY my HANDS up ON
her HAIR, COMB ing, and THINK
how WO men DO this for
each OTH er. My DAUGH terís HAIR
CURLS a GAINST the COMB,
WET and FRA grantó OR ange
PA rings. Her FACE, downcast,
is QUI et for ONE so YOUNG.
(I've put the stressed syllables in CAPS and left the unstressed syllables in lower-case letters.)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Poetry - how to write poetry? I have a poem, but how do i get it on paper, typed...
- English-Poetry - can someone help find "The Dying Eagle" by E.J. Pratt for me i ...
- poetry - what free web sites can I search for poetry regarding "mexican crossing...
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- poetry - no one is replying to my post on editing my sonnet. please i need help...
- Poetry - I am learning about poetry (meter, verse, and foot). I need a website ...
- poetry - i need help with soccer poetry
- English 2 - Need help with this-- 'Now you're going to write a "wisdom" poem. ...
- poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
- Wisdom poetry - I have to brainstorm a list of themes for wisdom poems, but I am...