Posted by Tina on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 11:45pm.
Question: A car is on a ramp 100m from the bottom of the ramp (angle of incline=30 degrees):
a. If the potential energy of the car is 80902 J, how much does the car weigh?
b. What is the KE half way down the ramp?
c. What speed is the car moving at the bottom of the ramp?
Please indicate which equation you use, what variable corresponds to each number, and how you got the number that goes with the variable.
Physics - Henry, Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 4:11pm
a. h = 100sin30 = 50m.
PE = mgh = 80,902J,
m*9.8*50 = 80,902,
m = 165.1kg.
F = mg = 165.1kg * 9.8N/kg = 1618N =
Wt. of car in Newtons.
Wt. = 165.1kg / 0.454kg/lb = 364lbs =
Weight of car in lbs.
b. h = (100/2)sin30 = 25m.
V^2 = Vo^2 + 2gd,
V^2 = 0 + 2*9.8*25 = 490,
V = 22.1m/s.
KE = 0.5mV^2 = 0.5 * 165.1 * (22.1)^2 =
c. V^2 = Vo^2 + 2gd,
V^2 = 0 + 2*9.8*50 = 980,
V = 31.3m/s.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a car rolls down a ramp 4m long that has angle of incline equal to 37 ...
- Physics - A 1400 kg car travels up a 20 degrees incline. The car exerts a ...
- Physics - You set up a ramp with a length of 1.15 m, raising one end to a height...
- Physics - A car with engine trouble slides 85 meters up along a 14 degree ramp ...
- physics - A car sits in an entrance ramp to a freeway, waiting for a break in ...
- physics - The driver of a 1,450kg car, whose iron brake calipers mass is 3kg ...
- Physics - A car with engine trouble slides 85 meters up along a 14 degrees ramp ...
- Physics - A 0.2kg toy car rolls down a ramp with a height of 0.7m. What is the ...
- Physics - A car sits in an entrance ramp to a freeway, waiting for a break in ...
- physics - A car accelerates at a constant rate of 3.42 m/s2 from rest at the ...