Posted by Cathy on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 9:58pm.
A) What did President Ford do to try to ease turmoil in the United States? B) How did he try to ease tensions with other nations?
- U.S. history - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 10:00pm
I answered your last two questions. Now it's your turn.
We'll be glad to critique your answers.
- us history - Cathy, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 10:18pm
He pardoned Richard Nixon he wanted to spare the country the agony of a former president on trial. (Watergate)
A new regime in Cambodia seized the American merchant ship Mayaguez after the ship entered Cambodian waters. President Ford called the seizure an "act of piracy" He sent naval force and about 2,000 marines to free the crew of 39 sailors.
- us history - Cathy, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 10:19pm
ARE ANY OF THESE RIGHT?
- us history - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 10:28pm
Yes. They are right.
Here's more information:
"In foreign affairs Ford acted vigorously to maintain U. S. power and prestige after the collapse of Cambodia and South Viet Nam. Preventing a new war in the Middle East remained a major objective; by providing aid to both Israel and Egypt, the Ford Administration helped persuade the two countries to accept an interim truce agreement. Detente with the Soviet Union continued. President Ford and Soviet leader Leonid I. Brezhnev set new limitations upon nuclear weapons."
- us history - Cathy, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 10:36pm
thanks Ms Sue
the information helped even more(;
- us history - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 27, 2011 at 10:41pm
You're welcome, Cathy.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- hsi135 - After Nixon resigned from office, President Ford became President of ...
- Government - Why other countries (like Unites states, united nations) shold help...
- history - what was america's response about joining the league of nations (after...
- History - In January 1917, President Wilson outlined a "new world order" in ...
- History Ms. Sue - Global peace produces trade between countries. is that because...
- English - 1. He solved two math questions with ease. 2. He solved two math ...
- world history - The thirteen stripes on this United States flag represent the ...
- U.S. History - 1) List the four nations that dominated the Paris peace ...
- U.S. History (Ms. Sue) - 1) List the four nations that dominated the Paris ...
- history - Do you think that the Korean War was merely a civil war in which the ...