posted by Henry2 on .
Can you check this question and answer?(I need to shorten the answer: points 2-3)
1) Describe the kind of technique adopted by writers (at the beginning of the 20th century OR by early 20th century writers) to represent the unspoken activity of the mind.
2) At the beginning of the 20th century, writers gave more and more importance to subjective consciousness and understood it was impossible t reproduce the complexity of the human mind using traditional techniques; so they looked for more suitable means of expression.
3) They adopted the interior monologue to represent, in a novel, the unspoken activity of the mind before it is ordered in speech.
1. Either phrasing works, but I think the second one is better.
2. Alternative for you, although it's not shorter!
In the early 20th century, writers gave more importance to expressing human thoughts than they had in the past. They understood it was impossible to reproduce the complexity of human thought by traditional techniques; therefore, they tried out different means of expressing this.