Posted by PHYSICS on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 2:23am.
What is the probability that the bulb is glowing for a circuit set up as:
| | (Voltage) |
physics........... - Damon, Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 4:10am
probability that a switch is on = p, therefore probability that it is off = (1-p)
There are four possible configurations for the switches
1. A and B off [(1-p)(1-p)]
2. A and B on [ p * p ]
3. A on, B off [ p (1-p)]
4. B on, A off [ (1-p)p }
Only #2 leads to light.
p*2 = p^2
if p = 1/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physical Science - 1.Nico uses wire to connect a battery, light bulb, and a ...
- physics - You are in the lab with a 10 V battery. You have a 10 W light bulb and...
- college physics - You are in the lab with a 10 V battery. You have a 10 W light ...
- science - Why does a light go out when you turn off the wall switch? A. The ...
- Physics - Could someone please tell me what equations i am suppose to use to ...
- Science - Megan wants to determine if an electrical circuit has electricity ...
- Physics - Consider the LR circuit. We have R1=9 Ohms, R2=5 Ohms, R3=19 Ohms, V=2...
- Physics - Consider the LR circuit. We have R1=19 Ohms, R2=23 Ohms, R3=23 Ohms, V...
- Science - Alisha use wire to connect a battery,a lightbulb,and a switch,but the ...
- electrical circuit - When a second light bulb is wired into an electric circuit ...