Posted by akim on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 12:31am.
1. Which statement is TRUE?
a. A cell placed in an isotomic solution will swell.
b. A cell placed in a hypotonic solution will swell.
c. A cell placed in a hypotonic solution will shrink.
d. A cell placed in a hypertonic soluction will remain the same size.
e. A cell placed in a hypotonic solution will remain the same size.
2. Which statement is true?
a. The movement of solvent occurs from a hypotonic solution to an isotonic solution.
b. The net movement from an isotonic to a hypotonic solution involves the movement of solute molecules only.
c. The concentration of the solute is greater in an isotonic solution than in a hypertonic solution.
d. The concentration of the solvent is greater in a hypertonic solution than in an isotonic solutions.
e. Osmosis involves only hypertonic solutions.
- biology - akim, Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 12:33am
is number 1 c. and number 2 d?
- biology - Susan, Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 12:38am
- biology - Susan, Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 12:41am
the second one is correct
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- biology - 2more questionsss ! dats it ! 1. Which statement is TRUE? a. A cell ...
- Biology - Using the words hypertonic, hypotonic, and equilibrium correctly , ...
- Biology - How does chloroplasts move when placed in a different solution? I ...
- Science - If a blood cell is placed in distilled water, what would the water be ...
- SCI - Hypothetically speaking, I placed a cell in a glass of water and after ...
- Biology - What happens when a human red blood cell is placed in a hypotonic ...
- AP Chem - An electrochemical cell consists of a nickel metal electrode immersed ...
- Biology - a cell is placed in distilled water and then transferred to a 5% salt ...
- Biology - a. A human cell is placed in a container of sugar water. Explain what ...
- Biology - 6. Describe and explain what would happen to a cell containing 100mM ...