Posted by Bayarbold on Friday, June 24, 2011 at 10:01am.
I need a help.I give a examination 2days later.
Identify the one underlined word or phrase that should be corrected.
1.By the time(A) we read the paper,the news are old(B),since we've already heard(C) on TV what's happening(D) in the world.
2.Because(A)they had spent too many(B) time considering(C) the new contrast,the students lost the opportunity(D) to lease the apartment.
3.That new person from the head office who(A) is working(B) with us reminds me(C) to(D) my uncle.
4.We needed thousand of pencils(A) for the convention,so(B) we bought the less(C) expensive ones(D) we could find.
5.After John eaten(A)dinner,he wrote(B) several letters(C) and went to bed(D).
I think that best answers are a in1,a in 2,a in 3,b in 4, and a in5.i don't know answers and I couldn't find right answer.
I haven't heard about subject+verb.past participle without have or had.Is there these grammar in english?Why hasn't subject taken have or had?Please explain to me
- English - SraJMcGin, Friday, June 24, 2011 at 10:50am
First of all, do you give an exam to someone else or do you TAKE the exam yourself?
If you give us the title of your textbook, author and perhaps copyright date, we can help you better.
Thank you for trying the answers on this on e.
The Present Perfect Tense is made up of have or has, as the helping verb (auxiliary) and followed by a past participle. Here are some examples:
I have studied. You all have written. He/She has left. We have not understood.
The Past Perfect Tense is made up of had as the helping verb and followed by a past pariciple. Here are some examples: I had studied. You all had written. He/She had left. We had not understood.
The way you have written your answers is not clear to me either. Is it this?
5. a? If so, I'm sorry but I still can't understand the whole question. Perhaps you write it more like the following:
1. By the time. . . . .in the world.
A we read the paper. (I like this one)
B since we've already heard (makes no sense)
C on TV what's happening (can't be the end of the sentence)
D on TV what's happening (makes no sense either.
Do you see our problem in trying to understand what you have written?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 09VerB(46-50) I need a help.I give a exam 2days later. Identify the ...
- English - Thanks for your helping.But I do not understand some problem which is ...
- English - Identify and choose the one underlined word or phrase that should be ...
- English - (08VerC27-31) Identify and circle the one underlined word or phrase ...
- english - 21. identify the appropriate punctuation for the underlined word or ...
- English-Grammar - Identify the word or words the best describes the underlined(...
- English - (08VerC-27-31) Identify and circle the one underlined word or phrase ...
- English - Can anyone help me with this? After the sentence, identify the ...
- English - Identify and choose the one word or phrase that should be corrected. 1...
- english - Please HELP Type the word that the underlined phrase modifies or ...