Posted by Maddy on Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 10:24pm.
How would I solve:
- Pre-Calc - Bosnian, Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 11:50pm
In google type:
When you see list of results click on:
Wolfram Alpha:Computational Knowledge Engine
When page be open in rectangle type:
and click option =
After few seconds you will see solution.
Then click option:
- Pre-Calc - Reiny, Friday, June 24, 2011 at 7:24am
let x^(2/3) = y
then we have
y^2 + y - 28 = 0
y = (-1 ± √113)/2
so x^(2/3) = (1+√113)/2
x = [(1 + √113)/2]^(3/2) = appr. 10.566
or x^(2/3) = (-1 - √113)/2 , which has no solution
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre-calc - how would you solve x^(5/2)(x^(1/2)- 1/x^(1/2))
- Pre-Calc/Trig - How would I solve this? x^2+10x+24=0
- pre-calc - how would you solve 3/(x+2) - 6/3x = 6/(3x+6) algebraically and ...
- math - Hi, How do I improve my math skills? I can't calculate in my head (I.e ...
- Pre-Calc - I'm stuck on a pre-calc problem. I need to find y as a function of x...
- pre-calc - If the initial investment of 1000 doubles in value in 9.8 years find ...
- Trig/Pre-Calc - Could someone please help me on this problem. I'm really ...
- Pre-Calc/Trig - How would I solve this one? I just can't get this one. 6x^2+11x-...
- Pre-Calc - I need to figure out how to solve the equation x-squared y-squared+xy...
- Pre-Calc - This is the last question on my pre-calc homework, I looked through ...