Posted by edward on Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 6:13pm.
The planet mars has a mass of 6042e23 kg and a radius of 3038e6 m. how much would a 60 kg person weigh on Mars compared to their weight on Earth? How heavy he would feel he weighed in kg on Mars?
- physics - drwls, Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 6:24pm
The value of the acceleration of gravity "g" on Mars is
where the M and R are the mass and radius of Mars, which you have provided.
G is Newton's universal gravity constant.
Compare the Mars g to the g value on Earth, which is 9.8 m/s^2.
g is less on Mars. Weights on Mars will be reduced by the same factor.
- physics - Damon, Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 6:28pm
6.042e23 kg and a radius of 3.038e6
Kg, mass, is the same everywhere.
weight in Newtons is m * local g
Fearth = m g = 9.81*60 = 588.6 Newtons = weight on earth
F = G 60 Mmars/Rmars^2
= 6.67*10^-11 * 60 * 6.042*10^23/(3.038^2*10^12)
= 262*10^0 = 262 N = weight on Mars
- physics - Donny G, Friday, January 9, 2015 at 11:07am
Boss La graw
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra please help - The weight M of an object on Mars varies directly as its ...
- PHYSICS HELP - Suppose the aliens watching the show are on the surface of Mars...
- astronomy - Your "weight" on Earth is a measure of the gravitational force ...
- 9th grade - A person standing on Mars would weigh 38% of his earth weight. What ...
- physics - weight of a person in newton on mars who weigh 882N on earth ( g = 9....
- Physics - When man stands on a bathroom scale here on Earth, it reads 560N . ...
- Physics - Please help The year is 2115. There is a high jump competition on ...
- astronomy - 6. Suppose that you travel to a planet that has 4 times the Earth’s ...
- Physics - What would be the weight of a 1.0kg mass on the surface of Mars? The ...
- math - 4 PART Your weight on different planets is affected by gravity. An object...