Posted by Liz on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 12:41am.
Does it ever seem to you that the weather is nice during the work week, but lousy on the weekend? Cerveny and Balling (1998) have confirmed that this is not your imagination—pollution accumulating during the work week most likely spoils the weekend weather for people on the Atlantic coast. Consider the following hypothetical data showing the daily amount of rainfall for 10 weeks during the summer.
Week Average Daily Average Daily
Rainfall on Weekdays (Mon-Fri) Rainfall on Weekends (Sat-Sun)
1 1.2 1.5
2 0.6 2.0
3 0.0 1.8
4 1.6 1.5
5 0.8 2.2
6 2.1 2.4
7 0.2 0.8
8 0.9 1.6
9 1.1 1.2
10 1.4 1.7
a. Calculate the average daily rainfall (the mean)
during the week, and the average daily rainfall for
b. Based on the two means, does there appear to be a
pattern in the data?
statistics - PsyDAG, Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 11:36am
We do not do your work for you. Once you have attempted to answer your questions, we will be happy to give you feedback on your work. Although it might require more time and effort, you will learn more if you do your own work. Isn't that why you go to school?
statistics - Shab, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:24pm
Daily rainfall mean during the week= 99
Daily rainfall mean during the weekend=167
Yes, amount of rainfall in the weekend is more than in the weekdays
statistics - Sarah, Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 3:24pm
mean during the week- 3.53
mean during the weekend- 8.85
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I need to interview a group of American 16-year-old-students who are ...
- help social studies - in what ways is Islam most likely to impact Muslim during ...
- managerial economics - A golf-course operator must decide what greens fees (...
- Math - How do I solve this question? "Rory Gilmore earns $20 per hour during the...
- Social Studies - In what way is Islam most likely to impact Muslims during their...
- College Algebra - A new employee at a sales company is offered one of three ...
- Algebra - Ramiro earns $20 per hour during the week and $30 per hour for ...
- math - A clerk spent his 35 hour work week as follows: 1/5 of his time in ...
- social studies (Saudi Arabia) - In what way is Islam most likely to impact ...
- Algebra 2 - A phone company charges a basic rate of $13.99 per month. In ...