Posted by Jimmy on Monday, June 20, 2011 at 4:08am.
Decide which word from the word bank belongs in each blank in the statements that follow.
bland / contaminated / devastated / punitive / transcend /
concretely / convey / procrastinating / spontaneous / uniqueness
1. Even though I know doesn't pay, I still put off until next week what I should do today.
2. If there's one food I really cannot stand, it's plain vanilla ice cream - it's much too .
3. You say, "I love you dearly," and you say it very sweetly, but I'd prefer you showed your love a little more . The message in your words is nice. I like to hear you say it,, but giving me some dinner and a hug would help it.
4. Some dogs are trained to aid the deaf or blind. Some dogs, it seems to me, can read your mind. As if they were not dogs, some dogs, I find, the limitations of their kind.
5. The salad's just a carrot; the soup and fruit are canned. This dinner party clearly is , not planned.
6. Of course I'll teach you to make pie, but wash your hands before your try. For no one wants to have dessert ------ by that dirt.
7. Dad knows you didn't mean to break the window with the ball. He knows that what you did was not deliberate at all. You needn't hide beneath the bed. I know I heard him mention that he hasn't any intention.
8. I stand and, hopelessly, I look about at crops all by drought.
9. At times, the evidence of crimes is more than merely hints because of the ----of each person's fingerprints.
Where it's double space I need help :(
- Poetry - Caitlyne, Monday, June 20, 2011 at 5:19am
9 would be uniqueness
- Poetry - Writeacher, Monday, June 20, 2011 at 7:48am
I can tell you haven't looked these words up. Their meanings will tell you everything you need to know!!
- Poetry - drwls, Monday, June 20, 2011 at 7:53am
<<Where it's double space I need help>>
It would help it you left blanks where the words go. You did not double space anywhere. You did leave some ---- spaces.
If you only need help on two, why did you bother listing all nine poems?
1. procrastinating doesn't pay
2. too bland
3. your words convey
4. transcend the limitations
5. spontaneous, not planned
6. contaminated by that dirt
7. any punitive intention
8. devastated by drought
9. uniqueness of each
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 3 - In which sentence is the word punitive used correctly? A. Mario ...
- English - Sometimes words appear as though they begin with a prefix when they ...
- english - For the following questions, match each word to its definition by ...
- Vocabulary - WORD BANK SCROUNGING,EAVESDROPPING,WISTFULLY,EXCITABLE,...
- Spanish II - 9. Which word belongs in the blank? ________ compro el libro a Ana...
- check english answers please?? - Match the definition with the appropriate word...
- language - The rain and clouds made the day feel so dull. Which is most vivid ...
- Honors English - What does the vocabulary word "purl" mean? a.) to spin in place...
- English - 1. Put two scrambled word pieces together and make one complete word. ...
- reading - one word in each sentence does not fit the context. underline that ...