Posted by Jimmy on Monday, June 20, 2011 at 4:08am.
Decide which word from the word bank belongs in each blank in the statements that follow.
bland / contaminated / devastated / punitive / transcend /
concretely / convey / procrastinating / spontaneous / uniqueness
1. Even though I know doesn't pay, I still put off until next week what I should do today.
2. If there's one food I really cannot stand, it's plain vanilla ice cream - it's much too .
3. You say, "I love you dearly," and you say it very sweetly, but I'd prefer you showed your love a little more . The message in your words is nice. I like to hear you say it,, but giving me some dinner and a hug would help it.
4. Some dogs are trained to aid the deaf or blind. Some dogs, it seems to me, can read your mind. As if they were not dogs, some dogs, I find, the limitations of their kind.
5. The salad's just a carrot; the soup and fruit are canned. This dinner party clearly is , not planned.
6. Of course I'll teach you to make pie, but wash your hands before your try. For no one wants to have dessert ------ by that dirt.
7. Dad knows you didn't mean to break the window with the ball. He knows that what you did was not deliberate at all. You needn't hide beneath the bed. I know I heard him mention that he hasn't any intention.
8. I stand and, hopelessly, I look about at crops all by drought.
9. At times, the evidence of crimes is more than merely hints because of the ----of each person's fingerprints.
Where it's double space I need help :(
- Poetry - Caitlyne, Monday, June 20, 2011 at 5:19am
9 would be uniqueness
- Poetry - Writeacher, Monday, June 20, 2011 at 7:48am
I can tell you haven't looked these words up. Their meanings will tell you everything you need to know!!
- Poetry - drwls, Monday, June 20, 2011 at 7:53am
<<Where it's double space I need help>>
It would help it you left blanks where the words go. You did not double space anywhere. You did leave some ---- spaces.
If you only need help on two, why did you bother listing all nine poems?
1. procrastinating doesn't pay
2. too bland
3. your words convey
4. transcend the limitations
5. spontaneous, not planned
6. contaminated by that dirt
7. any punitive intention
8. devastated by drought
9. uniqueness of each
Answer this Question
English - 1. Put two scrambled word pieces together and make one complete word. ...
Vocabulary - WORD BANK SCROUNGING,EAVESDROPPING,WISTFULLY,EXCITABLE,...
English - Word bank agenda amiable befuddle blight boisterous clarity compliant ...
Spelling - From the vocabulary word in lis 6, choose the word that bests ...
Poetry - a direct comparison between unlike things that does not use a signal ...
spanish - Estos pantalones son de algodo y _ son de tela sintetica. fill in the ...
French - I need help with these four questions It goes with a crossword puzzle ...
English - either Mark or his students BLANK on the ferry boat. if you want to ...
Biology - Can you please help me with this question? Which word is the most ...
Poetry - I need to write a poem with the word ALGEBRA but the only problem is ...
For Further Reading