Posted by beth on Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 3:55pm.
I was wondering if you advise me if my answers are right
4. To be a truly successful teacher aide in a nonbiased, culturally diverse classroom,
A. be concerned about and aware of the problems of both minority and
B. be particularly sensitive to minority students, as many come from unstable homes.
C. rely on and participate in your school’s training in the areas of multicultural and
D. rid yourself of all ethnic and cultural biases or prejudices.
5. If one child displays discriminatory behavior toward another in the classroom,
A. seat the two students apart from one another.
B. discipline the child immediately for misbehavior.
C. have the children involved discuss their differences.
D. consult the child’s parents about the discriminatory remarks.
6. Besides learning to speak and read English, another goal of an ESL program is to
A. prepare immigrant students for Canadian citizenship exams.
B. help immigrant students “graduate” from bilingual classes to English-only ones.
C. reduce the use by immigrants of their native tongue.
D. help immigrants assimilate and adjust socially to their new country.
7. To say that all African-American males are fast runners is an example of
8. In general, the best type of multicultural classroom materials are those that
A. demonstrate stereotypes of other biased behaviors.
B. can be used in a wide variety of ways.
C. are unusual or unique items from foreign countries.
D. are ordered from specialized multicultural learning catalogs.
9. To be a teacher aide in an ESL classroom, you should
A. have an ear for language.
B. receive certification in ESL instruction, if possible.
C. speak at least one other language besides English.
D. have prior teacher aide experience in a “regular” classroom.
10. As a teacher aide in an ESL classroom, it’s within your responsibilities to
A. meet with parents one-on-one to discuss their child’s progress.
B. provide language translation for the teacher when requested.
C. determine when an ESL student is ready to be mainstreamed into a “regular”
D. keep the lines of communication open between teachers, students, and parents.
My answers are:
9. not sure A or C I think the wording of the question is questionable are they refering to Regular ESL aide or Billingual ESL aide?
- Language and other barriers - Writeacher, Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 4:09pm
I agree with you on 7 and 8.
Remember how teachers' duties and teachers aides' duties are different.
- Language and other barriers - beth, Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 4:16pm
are the rest wrong then
- Language and other barriers - Writeacher, Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 4:43pm
I would choose different answers for all the others, yes.
- Language and other barriers - Writeacher, Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 4:47pm
Example - #10:
Three of the choices are things that teachers are supposed to do. Only one (B) is a task assigned to aides.
I have had good and not-so-good aides for my classrooms over time, and the best ones fulfilled their supportive roles really well.
Answer this Question
AED - help me please there are barriers that prevent the implementation of ...
Medical Sociology - Obamacare will enable 32 million more Americans to have ...
algebra - multiplying monomials - please advise if this is correct? If not ...
Law - understanding terms - I have this worksheet which asks me "historical...
teacher aide language and other barriers - in an esl classroom teachers aides ...
fractions - fraction word problem. please advise on how to work the problem ...
Accounting - I was just wondering if I was doing this right. In my accounting ...
foreign language - Hi there! I know two languages so far English and Russian. (I...
Teachers Aide/Language and other Barriers - 8. In general, the best type of ...
math - Please advise if my answer is correct in solving this question given? If ...
For Further Reading