Posted by gdlola on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 4:33pm.
Incentive Corporation was organized in 2009 to operate a financial consulting business. The charter authorized the following capital stock: common stock, par value $4 per share. 12,000 shares. During the first year, the following selected transactions were completed:
a - Issued 6,000 shares of common stock for cash at $20 per share.
b - Issued 2,000 shares of common stock for cash at $23 per share.
1 - show the effects of each transaction on the accounting equation.
2 - Give the journal entry required for each of these transactions.
3 - Prepare the stickholders' equity section as it should be reported on the 2009 year-end balance sheet. At year-end, the accounts reflected a profit of $100.
4 - Incentive Corporation has $30,000 in the company's bank account. Should the company declare cash dividends at this time? Explain.
I AM LOST. Can someone please instruct me on how to go about solving this question?
- Financial Accounting - Sahil, Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 7:01pm
1) Both assets and SE go up as cash goes to the company and more shares are bought.
Stocks issued on par $24,000
Gain on c/s $96,000
- Financial Accounting - carol, Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 5:00pm
, how much manufacturing overhead was allocated to production? Archangel Manufacturing has just finished the year 2012. They created a predetermined manufacturing overhead allocation rate at the beginning of the year based on a percentage of direct labor costs. Below are various data:
Total manufacturing overhead estimated at the beginning of the year: $140,000
Total direct labor costs estimated at the beginning of the year: $350,000
Total direct labor hours estimated at the beginning of the year: 12,000 direct labor hours
Actual manufacturing overhead costs for the year: $159,000
Actual direct labor costs for the year: $362,000
Actual direct labor hours for the year: 12,400 direct labor hours
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Accounting/Finance - Temte Corporation is authorized to issue 1,000,000 shares ...
- accounting - Finishing Touches has two classes of stock authorized: 8%, $10 par ...
- accounting - Jones Company is authorized to issue 20,000 shares of no-par, $5 ...
- financial accounting - (5) Chapter 13 Problem The Torre Company has the ...
- Intermediate Accounting - During 2009 Bradley Corporation issued for $110 per ...
- accounting - Pearson began 20XX with 30,000 $1 common shares issued and ...
- Acounting - How can I make journal entry for a corporation called H who is ...
- Intermediate Accounting - Information relating to the capital structure of Parke...
- accounting - The two cases described below are independent of each other. Each ...
- accounts - Ex 11.5 The year-end balance sheet of Jackson Products, INC., ...