Posted by Steff on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 10:10pm.
I just need my answers checked.
1) Find the derivative.
f(x)=3x^5/4 - 8/9x^9/8 + x^2 - 9x + 1
Answer: f’(x)= 15/4x^1/4 - x ^1/8 + 2x -9
2) Let f(x)= 7x^3 - 9x. Find f’(5)
3) Find the given limit by evaluating the derivative.
lim h⇒0 5(7+h)^2 - (7+h)-238
4) Find the slope and an equation of the tangent line to the graph of the function f at the specified point.
f(x)=-1/3x^2+5x+5: (-1, -1/3)
Answer: f’(x)=-2/3x + 5
- Derivative Calculus - bobpursley, Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 10:58pm
- Derivative Calculus - Reiny, Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 11:10pm
for #4 I get a slope of 17/3 not -2/3
(-2/3)(-1) + 5 = 17/3
- Derivative Calculus - Steff, Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 7:15am
Thanks. I will check my answer.
- Derivative Calculus - muhammad Qaiser, Monday, November 10, 2014 at 3:02am
Answer this Question
- Calculus--> bobpursley - How do you get m=0? from taking the second ...
- Calculus - derivatives - Okay, I want to find the derivative of (x^x)^(x^x)... ...
- Calculus - R=M^2(c/2-m/3) dR/dM=CM-M^2 I found the derivative. Now how would I ...
- calc - derivative of (x^3/6)+(1/2x)? i got (x^2/2)-(1/2x^2) is that correct? and...
- Calc - a) y =ln(x-1) find dy/dx=? b) y=3 ln x - ln (1/x) where x >0, dy/dx...
- Calculus - I need to find the second derivative of y=x(x-1)^1/2. I found the ...
- CALCULUS HELP - Find the second derivative for the function 5x^3+60x^2-36x-41 ...
- Calculus - 1.) Find the derivative of tan (sec x). 2.) Find the derivative if 1/...
- Calculus Please check - Please check my answers and let me know if I did ...
- Calculus - I need to find the slope of the graph of the function at the given ...