Posted by Amanda on Friday, June 10, 2011 at 4:31pm.
What would be the simple subject of the following sentences?
Justin and Sara like to go hiking in the Rocky Mountains?
This is the strangest looking tree I've ever seen!
While hiding her anger as well as she could, Cindy handed the gift back to Bill.
Our favorite campsite was still available.
Is it time to go home yet?
Trying to help my daughter with her work but not sure if the answers I have are correct...don't wanna giver her wrong information.
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 4:37pm
Please post your answers, and I'll be glad to check them for you.
- english - Amanda, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 4:48pm
I have Justin and Sara, tree, she, Our, and time....hope at leasst some are correct
- english - Amanda, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 4:54pm
Also another sentence was Bart, Mike, and Jim went bowling.
I thought the simple subject might be Bart, Mike and Jim...but not sure
- English - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 5:14pm
Justin and Sara Correct
tree Wrong. What else could be the subject of the verb, "is"?
she Wrong. "She is the subject of the subordinate clause. What is the subject of the main clause?
Our Wrong. What is the verb?
time Wrong. What else could be the subject of the verb, "is"?
Bart, Mike and Jim Correct.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Earth Science - The Rocky Mountains are more jagged than the Appalachian ...
- English - Which of the following sentence represents an example of a declarative...
- civics - -what are the high plains east of the rocky mountains? -what is the ...
- English - Identify the CAPITALIZED portion of the sentences below. 18. MY FRIEND...
- English - Question 6 Identify the correctly punctuated sentence below. The ...
- English - High I need to describe Rocky Mountains from my view but i never saw ...
- Grammar (Writeacher) - Revise the sentences below in which "who" or "whom" is ...
- english - what would the complete subject and simple subject be of the following...
- English - I forgot to include these other sentences I'm not sure of. 1) I joined...
- 3rd grade Grammar - I can't figure out if the teacher is trying to trick me. I'm...