Posted by Kelly on Friday, June 10, 2011 at 11:46am.
A 20 ounce bag of popcorn costs $2.80 at the movie theater, if the unit price remains the same, how much would a 35 ounce bag cost ?
Please help me, I'm in math class and Im stuck.
8th grade math - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 11:49am
Use a proportion. Cross multiply and solve for x.
20/2.80 = 35/x
8th grade math - Angel, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 3:11pm
-First find the cost per ounce:
2.80 divided by 20 = .14 per ounce
-Then, multiply by 35 to find the price for 35 ounces:
.14 x 35 = 4.90
-Therefore, a 35 ounce bag of popcorn would be $4.90!
Hope this helped!
8th grade math - Anonymous, Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 11:45pm
8th grade math - gavaskar, Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 2:15am
it is 4.90
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - How do you solve this: A 20-ounce bag of popcorn costs $2,80. If the unit...
- math - a 20-ounce bag of popcorn costs $2.80. if the unit price stays the same, ...
- Math - 1. The Suarez family paid $15.75 for 3 movie tickets. How much would they...
- math - a grocery store sells a 7 ounce bag of rasins for $1.10 and a 9 ounce bag...
- math - A grocery store sells snacks by weight. A six ounce bag of mixed nuts ...
- Algebra please help - A grocery store sells snacks by weight. A six ounce bag of...
- math - A store sells snacks by weight. A six ounce bag of mixed nuts costs $3.60...
- Algebra - At the movie theater, you decide to buy some buttered popcorn and a ...
- Math - 1. A box of crackers has 24 grams of fat. the box contain 8 servings. ...
- math - A) which is the better value a 12 ounce jar of honey for $2.25 or an 18 ...