Posted by Francisco Cantu on Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 5:39pm.
This question tells me add or subtract as directed and reduce answers to lowest terms. 2 3/10 + 9 4/5 Im not understanding the steps at all??? ive tryed 4 GED books and even the Teacher isent able to properly explain is a way that i can understand.
- Adult Education - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 5:46pm
You need to find the common denominator to add and subtract fractions.
Since 10 is divisible by 5, the common denominator is 10.
9 4/5 = 9 8/10
Then add the whole numbers and the numerators.
2 3/10 + 9 8/10 = 11 11/10 = 11 1/10
Try these sites for more information.
After you've studied these sites, please post a couple of your problems, along with your answers. We'll be glad to check them.
- Adult Education -- Correction - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 6:37pm
Oops! I goofed in the final answer. It should be 12 1/10, not 11 1/10.
Answer this Question
- math - round 0.8394263 to the nearest hundred-thousndth. Add the fractions 2/3,3...
- Math - I am having trouble understanding how to reduce fractions to its lowest ...
- math - Add the fractions 2/3, 3/8, and 5/12 and reduce your answer to lowest ...
- mat115 - Need help with this math question. Thanks for your help. Work must be ...
- math - subtract 27 8/9 from 59 5/12 and reduce your answer to lowest terms.
- math - Subtract; then reduce answer to lowest terms.5/22- 1/41
- Math - Solve: Subtract; then reduce answer to lowest terms 5/22 - 1/41
- math - 1. Find the LCD of 3/5 and 1/6. a. 5 b. 6 c. 11 d. 30 2 Add the fractions...
- Math - Perform the indicated operations. Reduce the answers to lowest terms.... ...
- Math - Add the fractions 2/3, 3/8 and 5/12 and reduce to lowest terms.