posted by blake on .
Are these sentences using the adjective and adverb correctly? Do they make sense?
1) The girl is a "bad" softball player.(Adjective)
2) The girl played softball "badly." (Adverb)
1) I am "cautious" when I run at night. (Adjective)
2) I "cautiously" run at night. (Adverb)
1) I am "hopeful" that we will receive our bonus. (Adjective)
2) "Hopefully," we will receive our bonus. (Adverb)
Some grammar purists argue that your use of "hopefully" is not correct. Check this site for the details.
yes, correct. I would have used "poor" and "Poorly" instead of bad, due to recent connotations of the word "bad."
In the vernacular, "bad" can have some weird implications.