Posted by CheezyReezy on Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 12:46pm.
can someone help me with intercepts.
find the intercepts of
f(x) = x^2 - 6x - 2
can someone show how to work this problem.
- Math - x-intercepts and y-intercepts - Henry, Friday, June 10, 2011 at 8:35pm
F(x)= Y = X^2 - 6X - 2.
X-Intercepts = The solution = The points where the graph crosses the X-axis.
Use the Quadratic formula to solve the
X = (6 +- sqrt((-6)^2+4*1*2)) / 2,
X = (6 +- sqrt(36+8)) / 2,
X = (6 +- 6.632) / 2,
X = (6 + 6.632) / 2 = 6.316.
X = (6 - 6.632) / 2 = -0.-0.316.
Solution set: X = 6.316, and -0.316 =
In the given Eq, substitute 0 for X:
Y = 0^2 - 6*0 - 2 = -2 = Y-Int.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra I - Did I do these probelms correctly? Find the intercepts 1. y^2 = x^2...
- college algebra - Can someone please help me find the x-intercepts and y-...
- Math - If a graph of a quadratic function can have 0, 1 or 2 x-intercepts. How ...
- Algebra - Did I do this right? Find the vertex, the x intercepts and y ...
- Algebra - Find the x and y intercepts and graph the equation plotting the ...
- algebra - -2x+5y=-15 Find the x- and y-intercepts and graph the equation ...
- algebra - How do you find any x-intercepts and y-intercepts. If no x-intercepts ...
- quadratic functions - The graph of a quadratic function can have 0, 1 or 2 x-...
- Math - Find the x- and y-intercepts and graph the equation plotting the ...
- PreCalculus - I'm trying to find the x-intercepts of a polynomial function = 4x^...