Posted by Emma on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:11pm.
what led to quick growth in the Kootenas? and why was this growth momentary?
Silver, Copper, and other metals were discovered by prospectors in the Kootenay region which led to the growth of this region. This growth was short lived because mining towns soon dotted the whole region.
what does dotted mean?
- Kootenay Region - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:21pm
In this context, "dotted" means there were a lot of mining towns all over this region.
See the dots for towns on this map? I don't know that all of these towns were mining towns, but you can get an idea of how towns dot a map here.
- Kootenay Region - Emma, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:24pm
oh, okay:) thanks
- Kootenay Region - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:34pm
You're welcome. :-)
- Kootenay Region - drwls, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:41pm
I don't see why the existence of a lot of towns would necessarly lead to a rapid end of growth. Presumably the supply of easily mined ore in the Kootenay area ran out.
The boom went bust in a few decades.
- Kootenay Region - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:49pm
Perhaps so many people mined these metals that the ores were soon depleted.
- kootenay region - -1', Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 9:39am
- -1' - 1, Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 9:39am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Natural Regions/Canada - Should old growth trees be cut down and used or ...
- Biology - Growth by cell division that makes both ends of a plant longer but not...
- Geography - Growth by cell division that makes both ends of a plant longer but ...
- BC Economic Questions - What led to rapid growth in the Kootenays? Why was this ...
- Economics - Is it true that the underlying trend of growth in the economy is ...
- environmental science - Explain the main point concerning exponential growth and...
- Social Studies - Natural increase can be best defined as a. population growth ...
- math - Which is the best investment for three consecutive years? a. A growth of ...
- Math - Which is the best investment for three consecutive years? a. A growth of ...
- SS - 5.How did the United States change as it became more economically ...