Posted by Emma on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:00pm.
How did the CPR employment practices discriminate agnst Chinese workers? Why do you suppose Chinese railway workers decided to remain separated from the other workers?
They were paid 1 dollar a day for the work they did, which was less than half the salary paid to white workers. The CPR was racist towards the Chinese, and didn’t have good working conditions.
I suppose because they didn’t want to hear any nasty remarks about themselves from those workers.
Have i got it right? And why else suppose?
Canadian Pacific Railway - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:02pm
The other workers made fun of the Chinese and at times were violent toward them.
By the way -- the same thing happened to the Chinese railroad workers in the U.S.
Canadian Pacific Railway - Emma, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:06pm
Poor those chinese people, when did they actually get accepted?
Canadian Pacific Railway - Reiny, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:12pm
Have you ever wondered why San Francisco and Vancouver have the two largest "China Towns" in North America?
Canadian Pacific Railway - Emma, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:12pm
Oh and I'll add, they also did more heavy work than the white people, which the white people avoided.
Canadian Pacific Railway - Emma, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:14pm
Oh yeah! That explains everything =D Thanks Reiny =)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American History - Which of the following statements is true regarding the ...
- World History - One more question... Which of the following statements is true ...
- Chinese in Canada - How did the employing practices of Chinese labour ...
- Math - A company finds that one out of five employees will be late to work on a ...
- Canadian Pacific Railway - How did the CPR & other railroads serve to increase ...
- Civics - Cities grew along railroads and canals because A. the government ...
- U.S.History - someone answered this a while back, i just want to know if its ...
- Social Studies - The largest mass migration in human history has taken place in ...
- 10th grade - A computer manufacturer assembled 21,000 computers in October. For ...
- History - 3.)Most workers for the Union Pacific Railroad were A. Irish B. French...