Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 3:53pm.
Your car can go 375 miles on 12 gallons of gas. How far can you go on just 7 gallons of gas?
math - Vince, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 3:57pm
Cross multiply this equation. You will have:
---- = ---
After cross multiplying you will find that on 7 miles of gas you can drive 218 & 3/4 miles.
I'M SORRY!! - Vince, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 4:01pm
That equation didn't come out correctly!
It should be:
375/12 = x/7
(It will be in fraction form)DO NOT SOLVE IT BY DIVINDING! THAT WILL NOT WORK!
STEP 1: MULTIPLY 375 BY 7 TO GET 2625
STEP 2: MULTIPLY 12 BY X TO GET 12X
STEP 3: SET UP YOUR EQUATION
STEP 4: DIVIDE BOTH SIDES BY 12
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Kerry's car averages 25 mpg. She wants to find how far she can drive ...
- math***help plz*** - please help me with math. A car travels 132 miles using 4 ...
- math - A car travels 172 miles using 7 gallons of gas. At that rate, how far can...
- Math - A car travels 172 miles using 7 gallons of gas. At that rate, how far can...
- math - If a car travels 340 miles on 20 gallons of gas, how far can it travel on...
- math - A car can travel 436 miles on 17 gallons of gas. How far can it go on 22 ...
- math - Alex's car takes 10 gallons of gas for 20.10 miles. If Shon's car uses 3/...
- math - justin has a car that ca travel 77 1/2 miles with 3 1/10 gallons of gas. ...
- Math - Beth's car has a gas tank that can hold 15 gallons of gas. Her car uses 1...
- Math - My car gets 24 miles per gallon I put 15.1 gallons of gas in my tank how ...