Posted by marley on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 11:53pm.
please solve these if possible
Q1. If sinx +siny=3(cosy-cosx) then the value of sin3x/sin3y.
Q2. If sina ,cosa,and tan a are in g.p.then cos cubea+cos square a is equal to
- maths (trigonometry) - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 1:43am
From the given relation, we can write, 3 cos x + sin x = 3 cos y - sin y
put r cos ¿=3 and r sin ¿ = 1 , then we get , r = ã 10, tan¿= 1/3
so r cos ( x - ¿) = r cos (x+¿)
x = - y or x = }(y+¿)
clearly x = - y satisfies the equation
therefore, x = - y
so 3x = -3y
sin 3x = sin (-3y) = - sin 3y
sin 3x / sin 3y = -1
- maths (trigonometry) - Anonymous, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 1:44am
¿= Greek letter Alpha
- maths (trigonometry) - Mgraph, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 9:58am
Q2)Because sina, cosa, tana - g.p.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Suppose f(x) = sin(pi*cosx) On any interval where the inverse function y...
- Trigonometry - Prove the following trigonometric identities. please give a ...
- Math help again - cos(3π/4+x) + sin (3π/4 -x) = 0 = cos(3π/4)cosx...
- trig - I need to prove equality. a) (sina + cosa)^2 -1 / ctga - sinacosa = 2tg^...
- Trig....... - I need to prove that the following is true. Thanks (2tanx /1-tan^x...
- Maths - Hi, can someone give me the answer to this question: secA-tanA=1/4. Find...
- Trigonometry. - ( tanx/1-cotx )+ (cotx/1-tanx)= (1+secxcscx) Good one! ...
- math (trig) - i have some problems doing trig the first one is: Show that cos(x/...
- maths - trigonometry - I've asked about this same question before, and someone ...
- Trigonometry - 4. Find the exact value for sin(x+y) if sinx=-4/5 and cos y = 15/...