Posted by Fallacies on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2:36pm.
Please respond to ALL FOUR questions in this section. Be sure to include a 1-2 sentence explanation of your answer (i.e., why is that the correct answer), not just the letter of your choice.
1.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I really need one.
(a)ad misercordiam (b)post hoc ergo propter hoc (c)slippery slope (d)bandwagon fallacy
2.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I got ‘A’s in all my previous English classes.
(a)slippery slope (b)false analogy (c)ad baculum (d)either/or reasoning
3.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I have improved my writing skills.
(a)bandwagon fallacy (b)slippery slope (c)equivocation (d)appeal to tradition
4.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I studied and worked hard on all my essays.
(a)equivocation (b)slippery slope (d)ad-hominem (c)red herring
I want to check my answers before I write a sentence describing why. Can someone please help me check them?
- Logical Fallacies - Fallacies, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2:52pm
- Logical Fallacies - Fallacies, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2:55pm
I think number 4 might be Red Herring, Anyone please confirm?
- Logical Fallacies - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 4:28pm
I think your corrected answers are right. # 4 is probably red herring.
Answer this Question
- algebra - An exam consists of two parts, Section X and Section Y. There can be a...
- Algebra 1 - An exam consists of two parts, Section X and Section Y. There can be...
- math - An exam consists of two parts, Section X and Section Y. There can be a ...
- Law & Ethics - I am working on a research paper for a course I am taking thru ...
- English - In what way does third section of “In Memory of W. B. Yeats” reflect ...
- math - A stadium have to section a & B . tickets for section A cost $A each . ...
- Math 126 - These are the automatically computed results of your exam. Grades for...
- Math - A stadium has two sections Tickets for section A cost $a each Tickets for...
- language arts - tell which letter is a correct answer to the questions. a ...
- General - It is nearly always election time nowadays, when logical fallacies ...