Posted by Fallacies on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2:36pm.
Please respond to ALL FOUR questions in this section. Be sure to include a 1-2 sentence explanation of your answer (i.e., why is that the correct answer), not just the letter of your choice.
1.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I really need one.
(a)ad misercordiam (b)post hoc ergo propter hoc (c)slippery slope (d)bandwagon fallacy
2.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I got ‘A’s in all my previous English classes.
(a)slippery slope (b)false analogy (c)ad baculum (d)either/or reasoning
3.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I have improved my writing skills.
(a)bandwagon fallacy (b)slippery slope (c)equivocation (d)appeal to tradition
4.) I should get an ‘A’ in this class because I studied and worked hard on all my essays.
(a)equivocation (b)slippery slope (d)ad-hominem (c)red herring
I want to check my answers before I write a sentence describing why. Can someone please help me check them?
- Logical Fallacies - Fallacies, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2:52pm
- Logical Fallacies - Fallacies, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 2:55pm
I think number 4 might be Red Herring, Anyone please confirm?
- Logical Fallacies - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 4:28pm
I think your corrected answers are right. # 4 is probably red herring.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP WORLD HISTORY HELP - I read this section, still don't get it. Respond to the ...
- Quantitative Literacy | MAT106 - In this assignment, look for and provide two ...
- algebra - An exam consists of two parts, Section X and Section Y. There can be a...
- Algebra 1 - An exam consists of two parts, Section X and Section Y. There can be...
- math - An exam consists of two parts, Section X and Section Y. There can be a ...
- Writing 5 - Part V: Word choice In this section of the final, write the letter ...
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...
- Math 126 - These are the automatically computed results of your exam. Grades for...
- Business Communication - Indicate whether the underlined words or groups of ...
- math - Part A of your history test has 15 multiple choice questions. Each ...