Posted by Chelsea on Monday, June 6, 2011 at 8:05am.
Find the rate of change for the numbers shown below. Express number as a fraction.
- Math rate of change - Damon, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 8:31am
(5-7)/(0-(-3)) = -2/3
(3-5)/(3-0) = -2/3 remarkable
(1-3)/(6-3) = -2/3
just for sport
(1-7)/(6-(-3)) = -6/9 = -2/3 how do you like that? It might be a straight line through those points with slope = -2/3
Try one of those points in
y = -(2/3)x + b
7 = (-2/3)(-3) + b
7 = 2+b
b = 5
y = -(2/3) x + 5 goes through all points I believe
Try it in the last point
1 = -(2/3)(6) + 5 ?
1 = -4 + 5
1 = 1 , sure enough, done
- Get it ? - Damon, Monday, June 6, 2011 at 8:32am
If you followed that, you can do them all without my help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra1 - Can you check my answers? 1. Table modeling a linear relationship is ...
- Calculus Please Help - Given the numerical values shown for the function f(x), ...
- Math - Could someone help me with these questions, I don't know question c) and ...
- Math~Reinyyy - Could someone help me with these questions, I don't know ...
- calculus - The length l of a rectangle is decrasing at a rate of 5 cm/sec while ...
- Math - The revenue obtained from the sale of q units of a product is given by : ...
- Math - Determine which function has the greater rate of change 1.The rates of ...
- Math - file:///C:/Users/SCHOOL/Pictures/math.JPG Determine which function has ...
- Math - Find the average rate of change in height of the orange from t=2 to t=5...
- Calculus - for f(x)=-x^2 +1, which value is the largest magnitude? a) average ...