Posted by Jaden on Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 11:38am.
perform the indicated operation and simplify:
----- divided by -----
- algebra - Jai, Saturday, June 4, 2011 at 12:27pm
(3x+6)/(4x+12) / (x^2 - 4)/(x-3)
first, to divide, we get the reciprocal of the divisor (or the second term/ term at the right) and the operation will be multiplication. reciprocal is just interchanging the numerator and denominator terms. thus,
(3x+6)/(4x+12) * (x-3)/(x^2 - 4)
factoring out each term,
[3(x+2)]/[4(x+3)] * (x-3)/[(x-2)(x+2)]
we can cancel out x+2:
(3x - 9)/(4x^2 + 4x - 24)
hope this helps~ :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - 1. divide and simplify x^2+x-56/x^1-1 / x-7/2x+2 2. find the ...
- Math - Perform the indicated operation and simplify. 1. 1/4 + 1/3 = 2/3 2. 4/7...
- algebra - perform the indicated operation and if possible,simplify please show ...
- Algebra - Perform the indicated operation and if possible simplify x/5 * y/z
- Algebra - Perform the indicated operation if possible simplify 3/4 / (-2/3)
- Algebra - Hi I am in need of help, please... The question says to perform the ...
- algebra - how do you do this problem? perform indicated operation write answer ...
- College Algebra - Perform the indicated operation and simplify if possible. ...
- math- please help! - Please help with these 5 problems! I have the solutions but...
- Perform the indicated operation and simplify - X^2-2x-15/x^2+x-12*2x^2-6x/x^3+3x...