Posted by yvonne on Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 5:38am.
Decision making is a process by which several possibilities are considered and prioritized, resulting in a clear choice of one option over others. Decision making is a fact of life personally and in business. We make dozens of decisions each day. Some decisions are simple, while others are complex. Some are made for us while others require a great deal of analysis and thought. From what to wear to work to what computer system to choose to how to reward top performers to what movie to see, we use a variety of complex thought processes to make decisions from an array of options. Our ability to make decisions helps us to navigate through life, avoiding potential problems and expanding our horizons. Decision making plays a similar role in business. Decision making aids managers in identifying and selecting among potential opportunities, helping them solve immediate problems and make future problems more manageable. Good decision makers are those who are effective at processing information, assessing risks, and making choices that will have positive outcomes for their organization.
Authors: S. C. De Janasz, K. O. Dowd, & B. Z. Schneider
Title of book: Interpersonal Skills in Organizations
City of publication: New York, NY.
Page number: 372
Complete the following:
Write a brief summary of the main ideas of the paragraph. Create an in-text citation for your summary.
Paraphrase a specific point or points made by the author within the paragraph. Create an in-text citation for your paraphrase.
Identify a direct quote from the paragraph. Create an in-text citation for your direct quote.
Create a reference for your paragraph.
- hr - bobpursley, Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 7:25am
Where are your answers you want us to check?
- hr - Writeacher, Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 7:25am
Please note that we don't do students' assignments for them. Be sure to go back into your textbook or use a good search engine. http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/
Once YOU have attempted to complete YOUR assignment, please re-post and let us know what you think. Then someone here will be happy to comment on your thinking.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- summarize - Decision making is a process by which several possibilities are ...
- Summarizing, Paraphrasing, and Citing am i right? - Review the Summarizing, ...
- business ethics - Find two models for ethical decision making, or for decision ...
- MGT - i am really stuck big time here... Decision making is an important ...
- Economics - 1) Give an example of a fairly major purchasing decision you've made...
- U.S. and Global Economics - I'm in need of help really bad. I been sitting here...
- business - 2. Think of a risk response plan that you have in your personal life...
- Principles Of Management - Decision Making - If you have to stop to think about ...
- Business Decision-Making - I am trying to figure this out for my business ...
- Environmental Science - #52. In two or three well-developed paragraphs, list and...