Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 7:21pm.
I am stuck with being able to complete this assignment and I was wondering if some1 could help me with it. I don't (can't) fail this 1. I already completed my english assignment but I totally bombed it and they want me 2 complete this assignment 2 b able 2 pass.
You demonstrate that you are able to revise, edit, and proofread by effectively rewriting a paragraph using the standard written conventions of American English. To accomplish this assignment, you apply the rules and skills taught in the first four study units of this course.
Pretend that you writing to the editor of your local newspaper. Your purpose is to convince its readers that rather than solely relying on e-mail, people should mail a letter to their loved ones every now and then. Following is your first draft.
Every now and then, instead of using e-mail, mail a letter to your grandparents. We live in a fast-paced world. We feel comfortable using computers to send e-mails and Instant Message. Nana doesn’t live in that time zone. Forget all those fancy fonts and emoticons or abbreviations like LOL. You point and click but Grandpa wants to hold something, unwrap a letter and smell it. A crayoned picture smells special, no scanner can do that. Their senses want to be used. He lives in a physical world, not an invisible one. Grandparents can touch something that is mailed. Sometimes as if touching the ink or pencil on paper helps them touch the writer. A picture can be held and used in so many ways. I get to see my grandkids’ handwriting is changing as they grow. I know how they feel just from the way they write the words. Give your grandparents the real thing that exists in time and space. Something to cherish rather than to be deleted.
1. Revise the above rough draft into a final, polished product containing two paragraphs. Together, the two paragraphs must total 175 to 250 words. In addition, the paragraphs must reflect your writing style, as well as be effective for the purpose and audience. Be sure that one of the reasons you give for mailing a letter is the sensory experience (e.g., smell and touch).
2. To accomplish this task, apply the techniques taught to this point in your course, including writing to persuade. Follow the Reviewing, Editing, and Proofreading steps which are summarized in the Writing Process Review of this study unit. As part of the process, you must accomplish the following actions:
· Write an interesting and engaging topic sentence for each of the two paragraphs making sure each one relates to the overall focus, purpose, and audience.
· Remove from each paragraph whatever wording or details do not directly develop that paragraph’s topic sentence.
· Reorganize the content into a unified, coherent flow that develops each topic sentence and the main focus.
· Add details and explanation you make-up yourself to develop each topic sentence completely.
· Change words to reflect your style, applying a friendly, informal business tone and maintaining a single voice through consistent pronoun use.
· Use concrete and lively words effectively with the verbs in active voice.
· Use correct and varied sentence structure.
· Apply standard written American English conventions for grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
3. Further revise, edit, and proofread your paragraphs to meet each of the criteria.
The paragraphs are typed and submitted in the required format (given below). Your two paragraphs together total 150 to 200 words.
Format your document to double space, using a standard font, size 12, left justification (also called ragged right), and 1.25” for both left and right margins. Type your final version of the two paragraphs. Indent the first line of each paragraph by 0.5” tab. Hit Enter only once after the first paragraph to begin the second paragraph. Do not use any other type of format such as a letter or memo. Merely type the two paragraphs.
Use the underline formatting feature of your word-processing program to underline the topic sentence of each paragraph.
- english - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 7:28pm
"... they want me 2 complete this assignment 2 b able 2 pass." <~~If you allow yourself to "write" like this, even on an informal basis, you'll have a tough time slipping back into formal-language mode. Cut this stuff out!
So ... have you revised that first paragraph, the rough draft? That's where you must start. Once you have revised it, post what you have, and someone here will check it over for you.
Answer this Question
HCA/220 - Hello, I am working on an assignment and I am stuck. Was wondering if ...
IT 210 Pseudocode (Help needed ASAP) - I was wondering if anyone would be able ...
statistics - I cant figure this out, please explain. A certain airplane has (2) ...
english - Hello - I am not sure you can help me ...I have to write an essay ...
English - In Catch-22, The Great Loyalty Oath Crusade is one example of The need...
Statistics - A certain airplane has two independent alternators to provide ...
statistics - A certain airplane has two independent alternators to provide ...
To: Computer -- Cultural Diversity - I've removed your post with the complex ...
AE - I seriously do not know what to do. My final is due tomorrow and it has to ...
English - Presentation - I'm presenting an assignment for 20 to 30 minutes worth...