Posted by Em on Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 8:27am.
What's a synonym for the word 'pantheon' where it applies to all the gods of a religion, say Ancient Egyptian?
Synonym - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 9:01am
I don't know that there's a synonym. The thesaurus's entry seems to lean heavily on a religious building, rather than the belief system:
Other than "pantheon" the only thing I can think of is "a multiple-deity belief system."
Synonym - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 9:49am
You might like one of my favorite synonym/antonym, Thesaurus dictionaries but "pantheon" is not there:
Synonym - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 9:51am
P.S. "temple" is what I'd use. It was originally built as a church. (in Rome)
Synonym - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 2:12pm
Hmmm, I wasn't taking it as a building, based on what you put in your question. If you are referring to a building, then use the information Sra gave you. If, however, you are referring to the belief system, then you mean "pantheism" not "pantheon."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Synonym - Hey, posted a question earlier regarding a synonym for 'pantheon'. To ...
- art - The word "Pantheon" refers to: A. the people of the Pan dynasty. B. the ...
- crt - To introduce an unusual or unfamiliar word, to coin new words, or to ...
- synonym - which word is a synonym of verbiage? a}terse b}wordiness c}curt d}...
- synonym - which word is a synonym of verbiage? A}terse B}wordiness C}curt D}...
- English - Thank you very much. I left out the following words which I need to ...
- synonym - 1}select the synonym of the word flamboyant. a}ordinary b}plain c}...
- Grammar and Composition - What is a good synonym for the word 'lief'. The ...
- 7th grade History - By comparing,what is different from Ancient Egyptian and ...
- English - I still have some difficulty in finding appropriate synonyms. Thank ...