Posted by sue on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 9:15pm.
How do i find X in e^(0.50/x) on a scientific calc?
do I use LN, and if so, could you pls tell me how I can plug it in?
- math - sue, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 9:19pm
actually the e is a variable with the value 1.56x10^20
So, I have to find X in [1.56x10^20]^(0.50/X)
- math - MathMate, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:40pm
To find an unknown (x), you need an equation.
What has been supplied is an expression containing x. Does it equal some value?
- math - sue, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 11:00pm
its actually a physics question
t=time in sec.
- math - sue, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 11:10pm
The full question:
The charge (in coul.) on an object increases according to q=(2 coul)e^[(o.05/sec)(t)], where t=time in sec. At how many sec. is the object deficient 1.56x10^20 electrons (from neutral)?
A 0 B 12.56 C 21.94 D 28 E 42.21 F 50.5
- math - MathMate, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 11:18pm
One coulomb = 6.24150965(16)×10^18 electrons.
= 1.56*10^20/6.24150965(16)×10^18 coulombs
So the equation becomes:
25 coulombs = 2 coulombs * e^(0.05t)
e^(0.05t) = 25/2=12.5
take ln on both sides:
0.05t = ln 12.5 = 2.526
t = 2.526/0.05 = 50.5 sec.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 1.) What is the square of âˆš10? 2.) Find tan 14. 3.) Find cos 45. some ...
- Calc 3 - How do I integrate rcos2theta dr? and then I have to plug in the limits...
- Math - How can I find the point of intersection of the graphs x^2=y=4 and 2x-y=1...
- English - has any 1 read the novel called, "The House that was Eureka"? if so ...
- MAth!PLease Help! - 5. Find the x and y intercepts of each linear equation. Be ...
- calc - f(x)=x^2/4+x^3 find the power series representation...so far i found ...Ó...
- Pre-calc - Find the derivative of (4x^3-3x^2+x+1)^1/2 /(x+1)^2 pls i need ...
- Calc - Find h'(2), given that f(2)= -3, g(2)= 4, f'(2)= -2, and g'(2)= 7 a) h(x...
- Calc - I'm trying to write an equation for all the infinite values of the ...
- biology - ok so i was learning about cell theory and i am really stuck on this ...