Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 3:36pm.
A 2400 watt appliance operating at 10 amps has most nearly_____ ohms resistance.
E) need more info
I tried to find a formula to use, but i don't know which one to use. Thank you.
PHY (NEED ANSWER SOON PLS) - MathMate, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 4:01pm
Power = Vi = V²/r = i²r
In the given problem, you have been given the current i=10 amps, Power = 2400 watts.
The resistance can be calculated from one of the above formulas.
PHY (NEED ANSWER SOON PLS) - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 4:43pm
so can i use P=i(^2)r
so the answer is A, correct?
PHY (NEED ANSWER SOON PLS) - MathMate, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 5:05pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - a. The power of an electric appliance is given by the formula P=I^2R, ...
- Math - Amperes (abbreviated amp) measure the strength of electric current. An ...
- Physics - The typical resistance of the tungsten filament of a 60 watt ...
- physics - Calculate the resistance of a 900 watt toaster operating at 120 volts...
- PHY [non-calc] - Resistors R1= 10ohms, R2= 40 ohms and R3= 70 ohms are connected...
- science - according to ohms law what is the resistance of a lightbulb if that ...
- physics - If the filliament resistance in an automobile headlamp is 3 ohms, how ...
- Physics - Calculate the resistance of a 900 watt toaster operating at 120 volts...
- math: and i really need help - You plug a microwave into a 20-ampere (amp) ...
- Physics - Would someone please check my answers? thanks During a lie detector ...