Posted by Joe on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 12:41am.
How many terminal zeros are at the end of (20!)?
- Math - MathMate, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 7:12am
How many numbers are divisible by 5 between 1 and 20?
- Math - joe, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:18am
20,15,10, and 5 are all divisible by 5. so 4. Is that how you solve for the amount of terminal zero's?
- Math - joe, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 10:20am
uh oh my mistake. I missed a key part of the question. the question is..... How many terminal zeros are at the end of (20!)^2?
- Math - MathMate, Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 1:23pm
The way we can get a terminal zero in a product depends on two factors (no pun intended), 2 and 5.
There are plenty of two's between 1 and 20, namely we get three of them in 8=2^3, and 16=2^4.
Therefore the governing factor is the number of 5's, which when combined with 2 gives a terminal zero.
If there are four 5's between 1 and 20, then 20! will have 4 terminal zeroes.
As you probably figured it out, squaring doubles the number of terminal zeroes.
So if 20! has 4, then (20!)^2 should have???
Note: watch out if and when you come to 25!
25=5^2, so counts as 2 factors of 5.
- Math - joe, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 12:34am
- Math - MathMate, Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 8:07am
- Math - jane, Friday, June 3, 2011 at 5:05am
you go to sunland dont you?
Answer this Question
- 7th grade, math - Can someone explain the steps to solve this problem? If a ...
- Math-Polynomials/Zeros - How do I find complex zeros in a an equation if the ...
- Decartes Rule of Signs - Could you explain to me decartes Rule of signs? Here ...
- Math - f(x)=x64-4x^2+k. Find the values of k so thath the zeros of f satisfy the...
- Math - An appliance company has a warehouse and two terminals. To minimize ...
- Math terminal zeroes - If a number ends in zeroes, the zeroes are called ...
- Math - I just wanted to double check that I am correct. 1.Find the zeros for the...
- math - f(x)= x^3 - 2x^2 - 21x - 18 all possible rational zeros # of possible ...
- Math - State the number of positive real zeros, negative real zeros, and ...
- math - Karen says, "When I have a factor with exactly 2 zeros at the end, my ...