Posted by bob on Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 9:38pm.
Can someone please check my answers??
1. A period of global cooling from the fourteenth to the nineteenth century is historically referred to as
A. nominal cyclical cooling.
B. the Little Ice Age.
C. the Celsius effect.
D. the Fahrenheit effect.
2. The economic security of the Inca Empire was based on
A. extensive trade with the Aztec Empire.
B. ruthless massacres of enemy peoples.
C. environmental diversity.
D. intensive maize farming.
3. The most important outcome of the Mongol peace was the
A. spread of Western ideas to the East.
B. establishment of a stable, coherent government across Eurasia.
C. transfer of goods and technology from the East to the West.
D. spread of Islam.
4. In China, the rise of the idea of a new Buddha who would inaugurate a golden age and give power to his followers led to
A. the rise of the Yuan dynasty.
B. a revolution in religious belief.
C. the rise of the Ming dynasty.
D. a resurgence in the power of Confucian elites.
5. One of the benefits that the Mongols brought to Russian lands was
A. defense against German adventurers.
B. lower taxes.
C. new farming technologies.
D. the introduction of paper currency.
6. A group of northern European port cities organized themselves into what came to be called the
A. Hanseatic League.
B. Commercial League of North Europe.
C. League of Lubeck.
D. Knights Templar.
7. How did powerful families of Japan like the Fujiwara legitimate their power at court?
A. Through the support of Buddhist monks
B. By gaining more wealth than others
C. By marrying their daughters into the imperial family
D. Through military victories over enemies like the Taira
8. Which of the following practices did the Ottomans use to strengthen their state?
A. Gifts were given to those who converted to Islam.
B. The practice of religions other than Islam was forbidden.
C. Missionaries were sent to remote areas to generate wealth.
D. Christian children were enslaved and trained as mercenaries.
9. The great Muslim historian Ibn Khaldun saw history as a struggle between
A. rich and poor.
B. different religious groups.
C. nomads and settled peoples.
D. merchants and farmers.
10. The Delhi Sultanate ruler Radiyya first took power chiefly because
A. she killed her brother.
B. she proved herself in battle.
C. her father chose her as his successor.
D. she wore men's clothes.
a, c, d, b, c, d, a, c, c, b
- world history - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 9:59pm
Your answers are wrong for 7 of the 10! I don't know the answers to 4, 7, and 9.
If you want to earn Penn-Foster credits, I suggest you read your text. If not, you've wasted your money!
Answer this Question
History - I need help in history. I have to write a 4-5 paragraph essay on world...
World History - Ok, I am struggling with understanding world history...I have an...
World history; HELP - Please can someone help me? 2.How were Muslim scholars ...
world history - Someone please describe the conflict in Rome following the ...
World history; Check:P - I can't seem to understand what this question is asking...
world history - please can Someone help me on this... What was the causes, what...
English 10 Check - Someone please check! * is the answer I chose. For each of ...
History - Can someone please help me with this question? What was the ...
ms.sue check - hi ms.sue please check my world history answer :) from a couple ...
FRENCH WORK ASAP - please please someone check my work I don't understand it ...