Posted by james on Friday, May 27, 2011 at 12:01pm.
I REALLY need help in this Double Shift word problem by Gloria Rosenthal.
The following real or fictional people all "do" or "did" something; their activities are dependent on their names. From each clue, identify the person, take their first name or surname (whichever one wasn't given), and change exactly one letter to discover their activity. All other letters stay where they are, and every answer consists of a two-word phrase. For example, "Franklin wagered" equals BEN BET.
1. Santa applauds
2. Fleming sought office
3. Ray pays with plastic
4. Domino dines
5. Connie held tight
6. Sal sought gold
7. Kennedy got hitched
8. Savage skipped town
9. Glenn selected
10. Ethan stopped suddenly
11. Gregory sharpens a knife
12. Tom makes a deposit
13. Spike was first in line
14. Jimmy leaves out
15. Albert roughs it
16. Charles haggles
17. Vonnegut ached
18. Johnny threw out a line
19. Standish does office work
20. Abbott made an offer
- English - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 27, 2011 at 12:16pm
1. Chris claps
Where do these names come from? Is this from the Games Magazine? We do not have access to that.
- English - SraJMcGin, Friday, May 27, 2011 at 12:36pm
2. Alex aspired
3. Charles charges
4. looks like you have this one?
5. Connie clutched
7. Eunice espoused
8. Randy ran
9. Close chose
Here's my attempt at some. Sorry but have no more time.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - I REALLY need help in this Double Shift word problem by Gloria ...
- english - read the following sentences and underline each word or phrase that ...
- english - Can you check my grammar? should I remove the apostrophies in the ...
- English - State the meaning of the word eradicate as it is used in the ...
- English - State the meaning of the word eradicate as it is used in the following...
- language - What type of context clue is provided for the italicized word in the...
- International Business - Your organization (you may select any organization you ...
- English - State the meaning of the word expedite as it is used in the following ...
- Business - I need a word description of a business scenario, real or fictional,...
- Math - Gloria is an artist. She sets a goal to paint 2 pieces every month. she ...