posted by Henry1 on .
I chose the five as you suggested to me. Thank you for your help
1) A white man asked Rosa Parks to give up her seat to him/to get up because he wanted her seat/to stand up-Are they all possible?
2) The boycot would have been a success, if Rosa Parks hadn't refused to give up her seat to a white man.
3) The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964, which protected black people discrimination and in 1969 schools were desegregated (I can't find a synonym for desegregated)
4) He made/gave/held a speech (are they all possible?
5) He believed that people shouldn't be discriminated against on the basis of the color of their skin. Five years later Martin Luther King was dead (is the same as "died"?)
1. He didn't ask her to stand up, but the other two are possible.
2. boycott (sp), no comma -- but this sentence isn't correct. The boycott would not have occurred if Rosa Parks...
3. The Civil Rights Act, which protected black people against discrimination and desegregated the schools, was passed in 1964.
4. He gave a speech.
5. OK (but you would not use "died" in placed of "dead")