Posted by Angelina on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:39pm.
***Is this done correctly?
Write some examples of sentences that change the meaning of a word by using different modifiers?
Eventually I realized what they were talking about.
My grandmother is a very sweet woman.
The man was extremely tall.
It was freezing cold outside this morning.
Lately I have been feeling tired.
We quickly loaded all the kids in the basement for fear of the dreadful storms about to hit our town.
The storm slowly passed by us; however, we were still in for some rain and hail.
The reporter briefly talked about the damage that was done by the storms.
I gently put all the breakable glass on the top shelf, out of the reach of the curious children.
Grammar - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 9:31pm
These sentences are all fine, but I don't understand how the instructions sentence applies to all this.
Grammar - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 9:34pm
You haven't changed any meanings by using different modifiers.
I think these are examples of what the teacher expects.
The frail old woman slowly walked to the door.
The sprightly young woman quickly walked to the door.
Jennifer always does her homework.
Jennifer occasionally does her homework.
Jennifer does not do her homework.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - How do you find a simple subject in a sentence? The word that ...
- History - Ok i had to do some research and answer some questions about MLK. I ...
- English - I'm sorry, I just need a subject suggestion for an English Essay. It's...
- english - Hello for these questions to change for making the language nonsexist ...
- writing - I need to write several sentences describing a interaction with a ...
- grammar - Rewrite the following sentences, focusing on the grammar area ...
- english - I need help with some conversation examples! 1) Write an example of a ...
- 7th Grade Literature - Could someone please give me some examples of the ...
- grammar - if your baby does not like cold apple juice, it should be heated. I ...
- written communication - Can someone check to see if these are correct and give ...