Posted by Emma on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:29pm.
Was conflict over red river settlement inevitable?
Yeah because I am sure Macdonnel would have still issued his Pemmican Proclamation no matter what.
This question is like a trick question. How do I reword it, and my answer is not good. please help
Canadian History - Manitoba - Metis rebellion - Damon, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:33pm
ROFL Emma, you must tell the potential helper what this is about.
Activity Question - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:34pm
I suggest you expand on bobpursley's answer. Also go back and read our other discussions about this conflict/rebellion.
Activity Question - Damon, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:38pm
I personally think it was inevitable because one company (Hudson's Bay) wanted settlement in the area and the other (North West) did not
Activity Question - Emma, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:38pm
The conflict over the Red River settlemnt was inevitable because anyone could have taken control of the land and the Metis would have to fight to get it back. They were powerless, and if anyone arrived and landed on their land, then they could take it over easily.
Please my sentences are always so awkwardy, how do I professionaly answer this?
Activity Question - Damon, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:43pm
Well, if Hudson Bay had continued to control the area and traded with the Metis there would not have been an immediate fight (although eventually some Europeans would have moved in no doubt). I blame the conflict on the attempt of the NW company to settle colonists on land controlled by HB.
Activity Question - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:43pm
Your wording is fine, Emma.
Activity Question - Emma, Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 8:50pm
ok thank you both.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - I've thought about this question for a long time and done some ...
- CONFLICT - Was conflict over the red river settlement inevitable? Wat? Yes it ...
- bobpursely - Was conflict over the red river settlement inevitable? Wat? Yes it ...
- Battle of the Seven Oaks - The Battle of Seven Oaks happened because of a ...
- Social Studies 10 - "Was the conflict over the Red River Settlement inevitable? ...
- Miles Macdonnel - Who was Miles Macdonnel? He was first governor of Red River ...
- Governor - Who was Miles Macdonnel? He was first governor of Red River Colony ...
- physics question - If you are asked to calculate the accleration due to gravity...
- Geography - This is my last question that I'm struggling with. We had to do 25 ...
- Battle of the 7 oaks - Miles Macdonnel issued the Pemmican Proclamation because ...