Posted by ale on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 11:24am.
A 2000 pound car is parked on a street that makes an angle of 12* with the horizontal (think it's a street on a hill). a) find the magnitude of the force required to keep the car from rolling down the hill. b) Find the force perpendicular to the street.
trig - Henry, Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 7:59pm
mass = 2000lbs * 0.454kg/lb = 908kg.
Fc = mg = 908kg * 9.8N/kg = 8898.4N @
a. Fp = 8898.4*sin(12) = 1850.4N. = Force parallel to the street = Force required to keep the car from roling down hill.
b. Fv = 8898.4 * cos12 = 8704N = Force
perpendicular to the street.
Pre-Cal: Vectors - Marie, Monday, April 18, 2016 at 2:44pm
a. Force to prevent car from rolling = v
<0,2000>•<cos12,sin12>= 0+2000sin12 = 415.82lbs
b. Find the angle of the perpendicular in relation to the force of 2000lbs. To do this, I drew a triangle, one line horizontal, one line being the 12° angle between it and the horizontal, and one being perpendicular to the 12° line(90°). Connect the lines and the third angle should be 78°.
Then you do the same as the last.
Force to prevent car from rolling(perpendicular) = c
<0,2000>•<cos78,sin78>= 0+2000sin78 = 1956.3lbs
Yo MUM - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 3:39pm
Ask ur mom
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trig. - A 2000 pound car is parked on a street that make an angle of 12 degrees ...
- physics - a 3000 pound car is parked on a hill at an angle of elevation of 16 ...
- physics - You live at the top of a steep (a slope of ???? degrees above the ...
- physics - Question: You live at the top of a steep (a slope of ???? degrees ...
- trig - A car is on a driveway that is inclined 12 degrees to the horizontal. A ...
- Physics - The coefficient of static friction between hard rubber and normal ...
- PHY - The coefficient of static friction between hard rubber and normal street ...
- Physics - A car weighing 1.1*10^4 N is parked on a 35 degree slope. Find the ...
- English - 1. Stay on Cherry Street. 2. Keep going on Cherry Street. 3. Follow ...
- Physics - A 1800-kg car experiences a combined force of air resistance and ...