Posted by Henry1 on .
I checked the site Sarah suggested to me on the personal construction with the passive voice. I hope someone can help me with my doubts. Maybe the sentences are just not possible.
1) They report that Peter is sending her messages.
Peter is reported to be sending her messages.
2) Peter sent her messages//has sent her messages/had sent her messages.
Peter is reported to have sent her messages.
3) They report that Peter was sending
Peter is reported to have been sending her messages.
4) They report they are going to send her messages/will send her messages.
I think it is not possible to use the personal construction in the future. What do you think?
2. If one sentence is to be the passive of the other, then both sentences cannot have "Peter" as the subject.
4. is fine. Why not use the future?