Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 1:27pm.
Discuss your recommendation to the customer based on both mathematical reasoning and contextual details. Your discussion should include the following:
• How the algebraic evaluation and graph support the recommendation
• Any relevant contextual details that pertain to the recommendation (e.g., flexibility, distance, availability, etc.)
1. Discuss the different options and the customer’s needs.
This is what my answer is
Company A has a 10% discount for every dollar spent so the teacher only has to pay 90% of the price. This is shown in the graph with the blue curve.
Company B has a 20% discount for every dollar spent above $20, but there is no discount for anything under $20. This is shown in the graph with the red curve.
So when x is less than $40 company A’s curve is below company B’s curve so company A offers the better price for purchases below $40.
When x is greater than $40 company A’s curve is above company B’s curve so company B offers the better price for purchases above $40.
When x = 40 the curves intersect so at $40 the companies prices are the same.
The best choice for the teacher depends on the amount that he/she is going to spend. If it’s less than $40 the best choice is company A but if it’s more than $40 company B is the best choice.
Company A is y = .90x. So .90(40) is 36 so when x is less than 40 company A’s price is lower which is the better price for purchases.
Company B is y =x when x is less than or equal to $20. So 40 = 40. This is at the point when the company’s prices are the same.
Company B is y = .80x + 4. So .80(40) + 4 is 36. So at this point when the teacher is purchasing $40 or more company B is the better price.
So company A is the best selection for the teacher when making small purchases and company B is for larger purchases.
Teachers Response Back:
The solution point is appropriately referenced, but the discussion lacks a specific recommendation based on the needs of the hypothetical customer. Revise to provide such a recommendation.
The two cost options are appropriately reviewed, but remember to review the needs of the customer as well.
Not Sure what else they are looking for any Suggestions?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ethics - Write a recommendation for both the Energy Cooperative and the Clean ...
- aiu - Imagine that you have been hired as an IT consultant and have been asked ...
- computers - Imagine that you have been hired as an IT consultant and have been ...
- Human Resource MGT - Write a paper recommending to a company's board of ...
- english - Is a recommendation memo and a recommendation letter the same thing? I...
- Hamlet - Pretend you are the artistic advisor to the director of a production of...
- Statistics - We have a sample size of 20 young adult males diagnosed with ...
- Math - What does the contextual meaning of each for slope mean?
- college - If we enlarged our sample size to 20 young adult males diagnosed with ...
- Urgent 1 Math question - Elaine has a customer who needs a box with a volume of ...