Posted by JOY on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 9:33am.
A cylinder flower pot with open top needs to be painted. The height is 9 inches and radius is 3 inches. If it takes Troy 5 minutes to paint 40 square inches, how long to the minute will it take him to paint the outside of the flower pot.
I came up with 141.3 total sq inches
answer should be 25 minutes but I don't get that??
Geometry -need help - Jai, Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 9:56am
recall that the surface area of cylinder is given by
SA = 2πr^2 + 2πrh
r = radius
h = height
π = "pi" equal to 3.14 (constant)
SA = 2*(3.14)*3^2 + 2*(3.14)*3*9
SA = 226.08 in^2
then we divide this by his speed, 40 in^2/5 min:
226.08 / 8 = 28.26 minutes
hope this helps~ :)
and multiply this by 5
Geometry -need help - JOY, Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 10:12am
Geometry -need help - Anonymous, Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:56pm
A wood board, 75 inches long, was cut on three pieces.
Every next piece is 5 inches longer tham the previous.
How long is the first piece?
Assign x for the length of the first piece,
create an equation and find x.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - A cylinder flower pot with open top needs to be painted. The height ...
- Geometry - A cylindrical flower pot with an open top needs to be painted. The ...
- Geometry/Math - Two right circular cylinders have equal volume. The first ...
- Geometry - 1.What is the perimeter of a rectangle with width 10 inches in length...
- MATH - Oscar is giving his mother a new acquarium in the shape of a rectuangular...
- algabra - A cylinder has a radius of 5 in. If the volume of the cylinder is 250 ...
- geometry - a cylinder is inscribed in a rectangular solid with a base length ...
- math - The volume of each shape is 250 cubic inches. A) Find the height of a ...
- Math - Sally painted a picture that has an area of 480 square inches. The length...
- Math-Algebra 1 - I Really Need Help With This Question!! What is the area of the...