Posted by Denice on Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 4:00pm.
How do i simplify this complex fraction?
- Advanced algebra - Reiny, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 4:18pm
according to the order of operation,
in a chain of division, you divide from left to right, in the order in which the division occurs.
13÷2÷6÷4 = .25
= 12*(1/2)*(1/6)*(1/4) = .25
so How do i simplify this complex fraction?
= (x+3) (1/(3x^2)(1/6x^2)(1/(x+3)^2
- Advanced algebra - Denice, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 4:29pm
Isn't there a different method you're sposed to use? like finding a common denominator? im thankful that your helping me but all those number got a little confusing... what if i said it looked more like this
the dash mark is a division symbol... this is what it looks like on my paper.
- Advanced algebra - Reiny, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 4:44pm
You don't need common denominators in division or multiplication.
If the fraction is written as a staggered layer of expressions, the division bar should have different length to establish the order of division.
If all the bars are the same length, then the simplification I used above is valid
In other words, the longest bar determines the prime division.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- advanced algebra - How would i go about solving this complex fraction? [(x/3)-4...
- algebra - Can someone please help me with these problems? Please and thank you. ...
- algebra 2 - 1.Simplify the difference. n^2 - lOn+24 9 / n^2 - 13n + 42 — 7 A. n...
- Algebra 2/Trig. - I forgot some stuff from my 7th grade algebra class about ...
- algebra - Simplify the complex fraction m^-1+z^-1/m^-1-z^-1
- Algebra II - How would I simplify the complex fraction: 3/x^3/1/x^2 ? Thanks
- Algebra - Simplify the complex fraction m^-1+z^-1 _________ m^-1- z^-1
- algebra 2 help please would appreciate - 4/x+5/y divide 3/x+7/y simplify ...
- algebra - Simplify each complex fraction. Reduce each answer to lowest terms. ab...
- algebra - Help!! I am a home-school mom who did horrible in Honors Algebra2. My ...