Posted by Priya on Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 11:52am.
what is inverse of this funtion
f(x)=(1 / 3)^x?
I think the answer is
f-1(x)= log base 1/3 of x, but i know im wrong... please help!!! THANK YOU
- math - MathMate, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 12:27pm
Three steps to finding the inverse:
1. interchange x and y.
2. solve for y in terms of x.
3. evaluate f-1(f(x)) to verify that it gives x as the result.
- math - Priya , Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 12:42pm
THANKS ALOT... I GET IT NOW!!!!!!
- math :) - MathMate, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 3:32pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - these are some problems i do not get any help is appreciated. These are ...
- Algebra 2 - -Explain the difference between log base b (mn) and ( log base b of ...
- Algebra 2 - I am trying to find the inverse of these functions. Can someone ...
- Calculus - Find the inverse of each relation: y = (0.5)^(x+2) and y = 3log base ...
- Inverse of log function - Find the inverse of f(x) = log(2+x) - 4 the base is "a...
- math - Could you show me step by step how to find the inverse of this problem: ...
- Review of Logs - I can't seem to get the answer to this; the answer key says log...
- Advanced Functions/ Precalculus Log - 1. Evaluate 4^(log base4 64) + 10^(log100...
- chemistry - Please, can someone help? Evaluate log 1. This is my work up until I...
- log graph - How do you graph y= -log (base 5)(-x)? The written question is: ...