Posted by carol on Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 1:50am.
in visual logic
You will need to design an application that it will prompt a user for their hourly pay rate, their hours worked, and whether they are single, married, divorced, or widowed. It will then calculate their gross and net pay. If they work more than 40 hours, overtime is calculated at 1 ½ times the regular rate and displayed separately. If they are married, use a flat tax rate of 15%. If they are single, use 22%, if they are divorced, use 23%, and if they are widowed, use 13% (I realize that these are not very realistic). Here is a sample of what the program should do when run:
- computer science- programming help needed - Writeacher, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 8:14am
- computer science - MathMate, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 7:42pm
Visual Logic will allow you to create a flow chart which will then execute from a flow chart.
Since we do not have Visual Logic available, we will help by showing an equivalent, a pseudocode, from which you can create your flow chart using Visual Logic.
Hours worked: H
Hourly rate: R
if H>40 then
gross salary, G = H*R + (H-40)*R/2
gross salary, G = H*R
net salary = G*(1-0.15)
else if Status = S
net salary = G*(1-0.22)
else if Status = D
net salary = G*(1-0.23)
else if Status = W
net salary = G*(1-0.13)
Print: "error in status".
- computer science - Anonymous, Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 7:20am
If 2 pie = 6.28, then what would 1 pie=
- computer science - Anonymous, Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 12:38pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- computer - You will need to design an application that will prompt a user for ...
- Logic and Design - You will need to design an application that it will prompt a ...
- Statistics - A survey asks adults to report their marital status. The sample ...
- Statistics - Suppose that in the city in which the survey is conducted, 50% of ...
- Computer Programming - Write a C++ program in which you declare variables that ...
- Programming with Eclipse - Design, implement, test, and debug an application to ...
- computer programming - small startup software developer company needs to create ...
- programming - Write a C++ program in which you declare variables that will hold ...
- Java Programming - I need to create a pseudocode for the follwing application: ...
- programing - small startup software developer company needs to create a program...