Posted by me on Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 7:05pm.
i have two questions.
1. generally speaking, if the pressure of a gas is tripled, what will happen to its volume?
2. If I take 2000L of gas at STP and squish it into a gas 15.0L gas cylinder, what will be the pressure inside the cylinder, assuming the temperature is kept constant?
- chemistry - Jai, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 2:06am
(1) assuming the gas is ideal, the volume becomes 1/3 of the original.
(2) recall that STP, pressure is at 1 atm. assuming the gas is ideal,
P1*V1 = P2*V2
P1 = initial pressure
V1 = initial volume
P2 = final pressure
V2 = final volume
1*2000 = (P2)*15
P2 = 2000/15
P2 = 133.33 atm
hope this helps~ :)
- chemistry - me, Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 4:44pm
thank you very much!
if you could help me with this as well i would be very appreciative!
A steel container holds 750.L of O2 gas at STP.
a) how many moles of O2 does the container hold?
b)how many grams of O2 does the container hold?
c) if the pressure were reduced by removval of gas until it was 380.mm Hg, what mass of gas would remain in the tank?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - i reallly need help with combining the gas laws. here are a few ...
- Gas Law Chemistry - I need help on these two questions: If a certain gas ...
- chemistry - Consider a 50 L tank which hold 20 g of hydrogen gas, 20 g of carbon...
- College Chemistry - A Cylinder is filled with 1.20 mol of He(g) at 25 C under ...
- Physics - A cylinder contains the helium gas with a volume of 0.1 m3 at a ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) Which statement below is incorrect if any? a)when ...
- chemistry - A 5.0 L sample of nitrogen gas has a pressure of 95 kpa. What is the...
- Chem 1000 - A Cylinder is filled with 1.20 mol of He(g) at 25 C under ambient ...
- chem - Show work 1. How many moles of oxygen will occupy a volume of 2.50 liters...
- chemistry - which of the following steps in the formation of KCI releases energy...