Posted by sarah on Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 11:52am.
the only part i cant figure out is the max static friction force that acts on the block. please help show me how to find it
Suppose a block with mass 2.00 kg is resting on a ramp. If the coefficient of static friction between the block and the ramp is 0.320, what maximum angle can the ramp make with the horizontal before the block starts to slip down?
Use the values from PRACTICE IT to help you work this exercise. The ramp in the figure is roughed up and the experiment repeated.
(a) What is the new coefficient of static friction if the maximum angle turns out to be 29.6°?
(b) Find the maximum static friction force that acts on the block.
Physics - bobpursley, Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 11:57am
force down ramp=force friction up rame
b) max friction force=mu*mg*cosTheta
Physics - sarah, Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 12:26pm
this equation isnt giving me the right answer :/
Physics - Paul, Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 9:30pm
Find the fg y component because that is equal to the "n" in the equation:
F(static friction) = mu x n
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Consider two blocks that are resting one on top of the other. The ...
- Physics - A 4.0 kg block is stacked on top of a 12.0 kg block, whcih is ...
- Physics - The system shown in the following figure is in static equilibrium. ...
- physics- MC QUESTIONS - 1. You push a block up a ramp with friction. The block ...
- physics please please please please please - a block of mass 2.50 kg rests on a ...
- Physics - A block is sitting on a ramp. The block feels a force of friction ...
- Physics - If the coefficients of static and kinetic friction between a 20 kg ...
- Physics - Block A has a mass of 20kg and is placed on top of cart B which has a ...
- maths,science, physics - A block of mass 50kg was left to slide down a ramp ...
- Physics - A block of mass 0.40 kg rests on the inclined surface of a wedge of ...