Posted by Jesicca on Friday, May 20, 2011 at 11:14pm.
I need help understanding my bio assignment. Can you tell me weather or not I got them right and if I didnt get them right can you correct them and tell me the right answer to give me a better understanding? I put a star (*) next to my answer.
1. Which type of muscle makes up the heart?
all of these
2. Which of the following examples illustrates a pivot joint in use?
You wind up to pitch a baseball.
You wave good-bye to a friend.
You kick a football.*
You look behind you.
3. After suffering widespread third-degree burns, the burn victim ____. is unlikely to incur bacterial infection
recovers in a short time
has a harder time regulating body temperature
has slight damage to cells of the dermis*
4. Which hormone causes an increase in blood glucose?
5. What controls the release of food from the stomach to the small intestine?
6. Vitamins are used by the body to ____.
regulate processes in the body
supply building materials
7. Which of the following is not mechanical digestion?
contractions in small intestine
churning of the stomach*
action of pepsin on proteins
8. Which of the following are activities of drugs in the nervous system?
increased neurotransmitter activity at a synapse*
decreased neurotransmitter activity at a synapse
alteration of pain or mood
all of these
9. Sensory neurons can ____.
process incoming impulses and pass them on to motor neurons
carry impulses from outside and inside the body to the brain and spinal cord
carry response impulses away from the brain and spinal cord*
carry impulses across synapses
10. Drugs may cause increased or decreased neurotransmitter activity in a(n) ___________. (I got stuck on this one)
11. The filtering unit of the kidney is the ____.
12. In the female, FSH stimulates the ____.
production of eggs*
production of progesterone
development of a follicle in the ovary
13. The fluid that provides energy for the sperm cells comes from the ____.
14. A reaction by tissues to any type of injury by swelling, pain, heat, and redness is called ____.
15. Active immunity is obtained when a person is exposed to ____.
16. A fever may be helpful in curing a disease because a body temperature higher than normal ____.
makes the patient feel better
keeps the patient awake
keeps the patient from chills
interferes with the metabolism of pathogens*
pleeeease help me... I really need it
Answer this Question
Geo + eng+ history - Hello, My question is that what kind of environments are ...
Calculus (pleas help I really need to check this) - Assume that each of the ...
english - I need help ASAP on this im writting a 6 paragraph essay and its due ...
history - I need help with my homework assignment. Assignment: tell us about ...
geography - for my assignment i need to write a report about the 1999 turkish ...
Science/ Social Studies - I need help with those two subjects. Please tell us ...
SOSE - Hey people! i really need some help here. im doing an assignment and i ...
Biology - Can you provide me with a simple understanding of fick's law. ...
Literature - 'Explain why it is important for you to be able to say what you ...
Biology for sister - my sister need help with biology homework she need to ...